TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL AT THE COTTON HOUSE
FUNCTIONS and WEDDINGS
- The hiring fee, including the Banjar approval, will be IDR 360,000 per head, not applicable to resident guests. This fee guarantees you an uninterrupted event and after-party up to our cut off time of 10.30 pm. If an event fee is not levied but a Banjar fee is still required, that fee will be IDR 2,700,000 but may vary.
- Not with standing the above point the minimum charge for a function , excluding the banjar fee , will be IDR 8.000.000
- We require professional supervision of your event, including caterers and various equipment and service suppliers. The Cotton House staff are not responsible for the venue setup or function staffing for your event.
- A refundable damage bond may be levied before the commencement of the booking by credit card or t/t.
- Strictly enforced noise parameters will be in place. All functions must end by 10.30 pm, and service providers must cease operations by 11.00 pm unless a variation is agreed with the property owner.
ACCOMMODATION PAYMENT and REFUND POLICY
- A 25% initial deposit is payable to secure your booking. This deposit is non refundable unless the exceptions below apply.
- A 75% final deposit is payable one month before your booking commences.* This deposit is non refundable unless the exceptions below apply.
- If a booking cancellation is not covered by the below exceptions, no refund of the initial deposit or the final deposit will be made.
Exceptions to the above policy are as follows. In each case, a refund of all money already received will be made:
- At the scheduled time of your travel, if your home country government prevents you from leaving your country by your intended mode of travel from your intended port of embarkation
- At the scheduled time of your travel, if the Indonesian government prevents you from arriving at your intended port of disembarkation
- At the scheduled time of either your outbound or inbound travel, quarantine regulations are put in place by either your home country government or the Indonesian government that would seriously impact you.
- If a refund is claimed according to the above policy exceptions, the client may be asked to prove in writing that the exception is warranted.
- These exceptions are specifically designed to cover events such as a Covid 19 pandemic or a volcanic eruption that disrupts borders, airports and air travel. There may be other qualifying exceptions, but travel advisories are specifically not covered.
This policy is not negotiable, and we strongly advise that clients take appropriate measures such as purchasing travel insurance to protect themselves against our no refund policy in the event of cancellation and alteration to their booking that is not specifically covered by our exceptions policy above.
*Commences means the day the booking period commences.
LENGTH OF BOOKINGS
The website for The Cotton House (www.thecottonhousebali.com) sets out, in the rates and availability section, the minimum stay requirement for the various booking periods. We retain the right to vary the prescribed length of stay at our discretion.
- A maximum of 16 persons can be accommodated at The Cotton House unless otherwise explicitly agreed in writing by the owner. Fees will apply for each additional person.
- If the resident guests wish to invite visitors to The Cotton House, this request must first be approved by the villa manager.
- All requests for early arrivals or late departures will be considered but may result in additional fees in some circumstances.
- At check-in, you will be required to provide credit card details that will only be charged to settle your house account, in the event of excessive breakages or damage, and for any additional services delivered as requested.
Guests are to show consideration for the neighbours and maintain noise to a reasonable level, in particular between 10 pm to 8 am. Excessive noise will not be tolerated and may result in eviction.
No pets are allowed into The Cotton House except if approved by the owner before the rental commencing.
Whilst every effort is made to have the villa in complete working order for your holiday, unforeseen issues can sometimes arise, such as air-conditioners breaking down or appliances becoming faulty. If this occurs during your stay, please tell the villa manager immediately so we can try to resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible. Your patience is appreciated until we have the issue resolved. Unless a situation is dangerous, no refund will be given for unforeseen defects. For reasons of safety, we reserve the right to enter the property to repair any fault.
- All personal belongings, baggage, vehicles and other property of the guests shall be a risk to the guest at all times. The owner of The Cotton House does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to guest property.
- There is a personal safe in each guest room. It is strongly recommended that cash and other valuables are kept in the safe provided.
- If personal belongings are left at the property after departure, the guest must pay for postage of the items. Postage will be charged to the guests’ credit card.
BREAKAGES & DAMAGES
Excessive breakages and damage not caused by normal wear and tear will be charged to your credit card.
INJURY OR DEATH
The guests agree that any injury or death at the property occurring during their stay is their responsibility unless caused by the owner or staff’s direct act of negligence. The guest warrants that the property is suitable for their own particular accommodation needs. In particular, we require all clients to consider the need for fencing around the swimming pool, which is available upon request.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
Before your stay commences or upon arrival at The Cotton House, you need to verify that you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by signing below.
NAME OF CLIENT:
SIGNATURE OF CLIENT:
NAME OF WITNESS:
SIGNATURE OF WITNESS: